11/2/15 This morning at approx. 08:50am the Budd Lake Fire department was dispatched to Wolfe Rd for the report of a gas main break. On arrival of Car 52 a large plume was visible and a City Wide alarm was dispatched bringing Flanders Fire Department in to assist. With the assistance of Mount Olive Police the adjacent day care was evacuated to the Mount Olive Middle school while buses were being called in to assist in total evacuation of the Middle School as well. Fire units laid a supply line and operated a protection line while firefighters moved a vehicle that was near the gas main break and was still running. Mutual aid from Netcong Fire Dept was also requested to the scene to assist with manpower and evacuations. Units remained on this scene for approx. 2 hours until the gas company secured the line and adjacent buildings could be checked for gas. During this incident a Second alarm structure fire was dispatched in the Clover Hill development. This incident brought in more mutual aid departments to assist at both the gas leak and structure fire. Thank you to Netcong FD, Chester FD, Roxbury FD, Schooleys Mountain FD, Stanhope FD, and Long Valley EMS.