Hackettstown firefighters were called to a second-floor apartment at 312 Church Street for a report of smoke coming from an electrical outlet as the first due engine was turning the corner they could see smoke rolling across the street and radioed in a box alarm. Crews stretched in a hand line and quickly started searching for the fire as the second due laid a supply line. The fire was quickly extinguished and searches finished, all the occupants were out of the house. The family was assisted by Red Cross and no injuries were reported. Tri-County Fire Company, Independence Twp. Fire Department, Washington Boro Fire Department, Budd Lake Fire Department assisted on scene.