Budd Lake Makes Quick Stop On Taxpayer

Posted on July 21, 2011

Saturday afternoon July 16th after coming back from a motor vehicle crash Car 52 Chief Sheard noticed smoke coming from a two story taxpayer with apartments above on Rt. 46 and quickly called for a second alarm which included Flanders, Chester, Netcong and Hackettstown fire companies as well as station coverage. Engine 53 arrived and stretched an inch and three quarter line to the second floor and started to search for the seat of the fire. Flanders fire arrived and started to search the first floor and found the fire in the garage celling and along with Budd Lake’s Squad 56 had the fire knocked down in minutes. Ladder 58 from Budd Lake went to the roof and vented. There were no civilian injuries but two firefighters were transported to the hospital one with high heart rate and the other chest pains both were later relisted. The fire is under investigation by the Mt. Olive Police and Fire Marshal’s office.      

Budd Lake Firefighters Battle Second Fire In Three Days

Posted on July 21, 2011

Tuesday morning July 19th around 7:15 a call came in for a microwave fire on Madison Ave Car 51 Chief Maloney arrived and after talking to the home owner smoke started coming from the front lower eve and quickly called for a second alarm. Car 50 Department Chief Evans arrived and took command as engine 53 arrived and was instructed to stretch and inch and three quarter line in the front door to the kitchen area. Flanders engine 93 assisted with the search of the second floor for fire extension. The fire was knocked down quickly but there was heavy damage to the kitchen area and smoke damage to the rest of the first floor. There were no injuries and the fire is under investigation by the Mt. Olive Police and Fire Marshal’s Office.    

Budd Lake Fire And Rescue Respond To Continental Dr. Crash

Posted on July 24, 2011

Saturday afternoon July 23rd units responded to a crash on Continental Dr. Two cars hit almost head on Budd Lake EMS took two to the hospital and Squad 56 cleaned up the cars. The roadway was re-opened in a half hour.