Congratulations To Our 2018 Officers.

Posted on December 9, 2017

 

Chief Michael Dorlon
1st Asst Chief Kevin Maloney
2nd Asst Chief Joe Compano
Captain Robert Sheard
1st Lt Nick Bernabei
2nd Lt Keil Klaver

President Dave Brown
Vice President Mark Bernabei
Treasurer Bob Hill
Secretary Amanda Petrick
Personnel Officer AJ Herring


Budd Lake Celebrates In Netcong

Posted on December 16, 2017

The fire department participated in the Netcong Christmas Parade Ladder 58 Chiefs 51 and 52 had a great time showing some Holiday Spirit.  

Budd Lake Assists Stanhope

Posted on December 17, 2017

Stanhope Fire responded to a report of a Town House fire on Stone Gate lane (Sussex County). As units arrived they had smoke from the basement a line was stretched but had a hard time making the basement so a hole was put in the floor and water was poured in but the fire had made it way through some void spaces and crew were sent to the first and second floors to open up. Mutual Aid was coming in from Netcong and Chester as Rapid Intervention Crews, Budd Lake was assigned to the roof for ventilation while Byram Fire provided man power. The fire was brought under control within an hour and there were no injuries reported. There was no one home at the time of the fire and is under investigation by local authorities.

    

Firefighters Responded To Several Crashes

Posted on December 30, 2017

Mount Olive Fire Companies responded to several crashes this month there were no series injuries in any of them.

Firefighters Continue To Train On Vacant House

Posted on December 30, 2017

Firefighter continue to train on a vacant house on goldmine rd. crews trained on breaching walls and venting roofs. Crews worked off the ladder truck and ground ladders as well as pulling celling’s and breaching walls to get out of dangerous situations they may face.

Firefighters Respond To Wildwood Ave Chimney Fire

Posted on December 30, 2017

Firefighters responded to wildwood ave. for a carbon monoxide alarm after investigating they found the chimney pipe was clogged at the base of the wood stove. Crews vented the house and unclogged the pipe and the home owner will have to make repairs. Units returned to service within an hour.  

 

Wood Pile In Budd Lake Catches Fire

Posted on December 30, 2017

Mount Olive Fire responded to Sandshore Rd. for a report of an outside fire called in by a passerby. Car 50 arrived and reported a 20 x 40-foot firewood pile on fire Engine 53 and Engine 95 arrived and used 2 hose lines to extinguish the fire, crew then started to pull apart the logs and a metal shed to make sure the fire was out. One firefighter suffered an ankle injurie. The home owner was asleep and did not know there was a fire quick work by the fire crews prevented and extension to the home. The crew returned to service within and hour. It seamed the fire started by some ash that was dumped out side to close to the pile. Brush 98 an EMS crews also were on scene.  

 

Small Fire In Laundromat

Posted on December 31, 2017

Just after midnight firefighters responded to Plaza 141 the laundromat for a fire in a dryer. Car 50 arrived and reported a smoke condition in the building Engine 53 arrived and stretched a hand line in and put out a small fire in the dryer a patron of the store had used a fire extinguisher to keep the fire from spreading. Tower 96 was assigned the vent and Squad 56 reported to the rear for a check of the roof. The owner was called to cleanup the store and make the repairs 2 dryers were damaged. All returned to service with in a half hour.