Budd Lake Assists Netcong Fire On Stool Street

Posted on November 12, 2011

Sunday November 6th fire units responded to a house on Stoll Street and found heavy smoke coming from the chimney and the house was full of smoke so command called Budd Lake Fire a R.I.C. assignment and the second engine in laid a supply line. Upon further inspection the fire was contained to the furnace and the chimney area, crews used a dry chemical extinguisher to knock down the fire and then removed the smoke. The basement was flooded due the lack of power the day before. All companies returned to service within a half hour.