Clinton Ave Home Damaged By Chimney Fire

Posted on January 17, 2017

Monday night just before dinner firefighters were dispatched to a home on Clinton Ave for a report of a chimney fire. Chiefs 50, 51 and 52 arrived and had smoke coming from the chimney area and on the outside as well Engine 53 quickly opened the walls and found the fire and doused it with a hose line Ladder 58 laddered the roof and checked the chimney area with help on the ground by Flanders Fire Engine 95, Tower 96 and Rescue 97 Netcong Fire was the Rapid Intervention assignment. The home did sustain damage to the living room area but there were no injuries reported Budd Lake First Aid stood buy and the fire is under investigation by the Mount Olive police and the Fire Marshal’s office. Units were cleared within an hour.